Friday 27 July 2012

Cheers to new beginnings

Hi sorry I have been absent for so long. I had planned to blog a lot more than I have when I started on here. Life seems to get in the way and I don't seem to get here as often as I would like.

Lately there have been a lot of social engagements to attend and the kids had school holidays so not a lot of time for blogging during all of that.

The most important engagement was the wedding of my most beautiful 'couch' friend. The one I have blogged about earlier. She has finally found her prince charming and he has swept her off her feet. There was not a long courtship but when you know you have the right one, that really does not matter one bit. Luke and Alinta are a perfect match. I was a part of Alinta's first wedding and was honored to be a part of this one. It is so nice to see her so happy again.
The day was a causal affair but turned out beautiful in every way.
Luke and Alinta


My spunky husband(the photographer) and me
The latest news for our family is we have decided to go down the homeschool road. We had our kids in a private school and we were planning to re-locate a bit further south so took the kids out at the end of the year. This was a year and a half ago and things didn't quite pan out. Since then we bought a house locally and left the kids in the public school. Well needless to say, we saw some changes in them that were not what we would have like to see. They were doing okay academically but their changed behavior was not something we wanted to continue. The BIG choice was made and we are now schooling them at home through a distance education. Eventually we would like them to attend the private school again but we want to see some changes in them before we do. They are great kids but sometimes as a parent we need to step in and do our part to help them become greater
I know some people would probably think we are crazy or even controlling in a way. I think that is the whole point though. We would be crazy not to step in and steer them in a better direction and as parents it our responsibility to do the best job we know to do. It is not a long term path for us (well not at the moment) but I know others who love it and will continue on with it for years to come. Luckily for us the kids were all for it.
There have been some amazing days so far, lots of laughing and bonding going on. There has also been the odd grumble at the amount of work given at the moment due to testing to find out their grade level, but generally it's been a great move for us.

We are planning a family holiday for later this year and lucky for us we can go whenever we want to. We get to enjoy the quiet seasons when everyone else is not on holidays. What we are working on is where to go. The kids and I have never left Australia so would like to experience something new but the homebody in me thinks lets just go to Queensland.  
What I would love to know from any of my beautiful readers is where would you go? If you have been anywhere as a family and your kids had a blast please share with me so I can do a bit of research!!

Thanks in advance and please feel free to leave a comment even if its as anonomys........

1 comment:

  1. I was and always am honoured to have you as a friend.

    Sadly I do think your a mad to home school but I also love that you are doing it.

    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete